By Laura Coxeter, featured on the River Cottage series with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Dairy free, refined sugar free, gluten free, egg free, vegan.
- 300g Pecans/Almonds
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 200g Medjool Dates (if the dates are too hard you can soak them in warm water for 20mins to soften them, then drain and pat dry before using)
- 4 Med size ripe Avocados
- 150g Coconut Oil (raw extra virgin unrefined)
- 2 Vanilla pods, seeds only!
- 200g Raw Cacao powder
- pinch of Pink himalayan salt
- 300g Palm sugar/Rice malt syrup/Maple syrup.. to taste
Blend the nuts, add salt & dates and blend until a dough ball is made. Press the mix into a mould, cover with clingfilm and freeze. Blend all the filling ingredients until smooth & pour onto the base. Set in the freezer for an hour. It should be firm enough to slice. Top with fruit/flowers/cocoa.